Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I have had this barrier with the scriptures"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Hey, how's it going! I just finished reading the email you sent me - it was good to have a recent letter from you, I’ll accept emails as long as it is all combined but try not to keep it too long. I was glad to hear about your trip to CO and I want pictures of it all! I got the package from dad and my companions say thanks for the candy, we were dying. I have had it up to my eyes with the food here and enough with the puréed beans ewwww! Okay so I hope I remember what to say...Because I forget the stuff in the letters!

I hope your keeping a copy of the emails I send and the ones you send. I did feel the earth quake and it was not bad here but we all have flashlights in our rooms and the president is doing well with handling it all. I was so out of it that I hardly felt anything. I got a letter from Man Yu, you know my Asian friend from Snow College, and it was awesome. Brooke and Bryce stop slacking and write me! I am glad you got my card dad it was all I could do I wasn't able to get a card!
Well this week was good. On Monday we went to las colinas which in Spanish means the hills and I hiked in the jungle and spiders attacked me and if it wasn't for some of the elders I would have died, but it was way cool though. My comp got bed bugs and gave them to me lol sick huh, so I have to spray down all my stuff today. I think the cats name should be ... la luz it mean the light ... or gato it means cat, or uhhh, I don’t know, think of something good and send me a picture.

I wrote a letter to the Young Women (YW) and I’m sending it home. Have them read it to the girls Sunday when you get it. I hope that all is well I’m glad that the Crozier’s are moving back. I have gotten letters from people saying the blog is nice. I keep getting repeated dear elders. Its okay if you sign my jury paper I don’t care! Uh I am going in the field again next Wednesday to the north mission, ahh so scary. You shouldn’t send anymore letters the GUA-MTC since I leave in 2 weeks. For now on send my letters and packages here:
Whitney Robbins
Guatemala Guatemala City North Mission
5a Avenida 5-55, Edificio Euro Plaza
15 avo. Nivel, Oficina 1504, Zona 14
Guatemala City, C. A.
GUATEMALA

Oh and guess what so I got new roommates and they don't know how to use anything even to flush the toilet. Its crazy they are locals and they’ve never used a washing machine so I taught them and they saw me use my hair straighter, and so they asked to use it. Well, because of the head lice problems here I didn’t want them to use it, but I don't know how to lie in Spanish yet so I let them, and then I had to sterilize it, and then I lied the next time. But its crazy how the culture is so different.

Tell Vanessa I’m proud of her for the choice to serve a mission and that I can’t wait to hear where she is going. Uh I wrote Brittan a letter last week so tell him he should be getting a letter some time this week. I also loved the note from Grandma Dawn and I’m glad to hear from her! Uh my companions are good and I can’t believe I’m getting a new one here in 2 weeks I have been with these two for 7 weeks...I feel like we are sisters.
So what's the plans this summer... Any cruises you’re going on without me? Ha I’ll kill you if you do! Uh I hope the weight loss is going well and the scripture reading as well. I have had this wicked head cold all week and its no bueno pero, its ok I guess, I’m getting better day by day. I know this letter is supper scattered, I have not a lot of time so its really random.
Since I have been here I have had this barrier with the scriptures and I don't know as much as I would like and a lot of the missionaries know all the stories and stuff. So I started to re read it with a map of the land that my president made for us, and I understand it, and I’m able to retain the stories I read. Its been awesome how much I love the scriptures especially the Book of Mormon. Its the most amazing book! I have been told I’m very good at knowing the scriptures and I can pull out a scripture randomly, so that's good.
I love you all and I hope all is well. Chels write me or I’ll smack you, and Jess I hope the baby is ok! Send my love to everyone….Go Lakers!
I love this church and the gospel!
Whit
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

1 comment:

  1. geez I swear I have written her a few dear elders lately and she keeps telling me to write her.....i wonder if she's getting them?! good work Tracie on the blog, its so fun to read! love ya!

    ReplyDelete