Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well Goll Hey Yall!

WK# 4
2/18/10

Well Goll Hey Yall!

Mom I know how you hate that but I have already started to love it hahaha, jk! But really I'm trying not to say it but I can't make any promises! I am so grateful for the package you sent me! Thanks sooooo much! I got both of them. I have been wearing the thermals all day every day. We ended up getting a foot and a half of snow! I twas insane! So I just died laughing at the pictures of the animals in the frame you sent me. Mala looks so mad it was funny!

But gosh so this week was crazy. So Aleksandra my other baptism got postponed but we are still on for the baptism of Steven this Saturday. I have been working like crazy this week. We had exchanges for 2 days and so Sister Savage from the North came down and stayed with me and Sister Vasquez. We had the best time ever!

So a crazy story: We were at church for a baptism of the Zone Leaders and they were baptizing a young girl. Her family was super unsupportive and didn't show up. She was crying her eyes out in the bathroom and said she doesn't want to get baptized. This was a shock to the Elder's, so they ran and found me and had me go talk to her. I gave her a big hug and we had a long talk along with a prayer. I shared how both of my parents are converts and they haven't had the best support about joining the church and being married in the temple, but how it is the right thing to do and the most important thing the Lord wants from us in this life so that we can be an eternal family. She calmed down and she said she wanted to get baptized again. We let the Elders know and she was then baptized, and it was fantastic!

So we had our Valentine's party for the ward this week and we got to go and serve food. It was so much fun. It was actually a surprise to all of us when the bishop got the microphone and said I'm going to marry someone right now...We were like uhh, wait, what! So he married a girl in the ward, it was crazy! Mostly because she's a member who was living with her boyfriend and she wanted to go to the temple, so they got married civilly first since they are living together. You can imagine how awesome that was!

So today we went bowling as a Zone, it was sooo much fun! I'm so glad you're going to take into consideration the things I said in the letter. It's great to strengthen the family. I want you and dad to feel the same love for the gospel as you did in the mission and with these daily things I know our home will be such a spiritual power house!

Thanks mom for putting money on my card! I was wondering how much was on there. It's hard to have such little money and stuff is so expensive here! I have budgeted my money very well and I still have a decent amount for the month. Gosh, can you believe I'll have 5 months in the mission this week! So crazy! Mom and Dad, happy anniversary! So I can drive now in the mission which is nice. Tell Grandma Robbins I love her and Happy Birthday!

Thanks for everything! I love you all! I love this mission and the work, it's really making me a better person every day. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and suffered every pain and affliction for us. In Mosiah 3:7 it gives a great description of the pain that he had to suffer for us. The amazing thing is through that we can be clean and return to our Father in Heaven who loves us so much! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love, Hna Robbins

Ft Worth Spanish 7th District
Missionaries get to eat free at this member owned restaurant

The Science History Museum 2/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment